Pet Laboratory Services
Because our pets are unable to communicate their symptoms to us, diagnostic imaging and laboratory tests are crucial. But we go above and beyond simply providing you with cutting-edge diagnostic tests; we also pick the tests that will direct us in the direction of the ideal, specifically tailored response to your pet’s needs.
Pet Laboratory Services in Canton, IL
A quicker diagnosis results in a faster recovery! We perform diagnostic testing both internally and with a third-party lab so that we can deliver results as quickly as possible.
Pet Laboratory Services
It is challenging to make an accurate diagnosis or assessment of your pet’s health without prompt access to precise laboratory test results, including those from blood tests, biopsies, microscopic examinations, bacterial culture sensitivity, and other procedures. Without the need for invasive or costly procedures, laboratory testing enables us to obtain additional data to evaluate the overall systemic health of your pet.
Examples of diseases and conditions that can be missed in the early stages include heartworm disease, Lyme disease, infections, feline leukemia, intestinal parasites, urinary tract infections, and many others. Diagnostic testing can find these and many other diseases and conditions. Early blood tests can reveal signs of diabetes and modifications in liver or kidney function, or they can establish a baseline for future comparison. Pre-anesthetic examinations performed before dental or surgical procedures requiring general anesthesia also include diagnostic testing.
Pet Diagnostic Testing
We offer a wide variety of diagnostic tests. Among the common health and wellness solutions offered are, but are not restricted to:
- Blood Tests: These are crucial to preserving the health of your pet and can be used for a variety of purposes, including identifying the presence of pathogens like bacteria and viruses and minimizing or removing complications from anesthesia during surgery.
- CBC: The condition of your pet's blood overall—including the interaction between red, white, and platelets—is revealed by a complete blood cell count. This aids in identifying any diseases, clotting problems, and the condition of the oxygen in the blood.
- Blood Chemistry Panel: A blood chemistry panel provides a thorough picture of the internal organs, metabolism, and overall health of your pet. Diabetes, kidney disease, and liver disease can all be screened for using it. This type of screening is used to measure potassium and sodium levels and assess the thyroid's efficiency.
- Urine Analysis: This is a crucial kidney health diagnostic for your pet and can reveal the presence of urinary tract infections, diabetes, or crystals in the urine. There are various techniques for collecting urine. The first step is to collect a sample of urine in a pristine container. In addition, we may decide to perform a cystocentesis, which involves inserting a sterile needle into the bladder, or use a sterile catheter. These processes are all secure and produce pure samples.
When Lab Tests are Necessary
Laboratory diagnostics are important in several situations, including:
- During surgery or a dental procedure that involves anesthesia
- When a pet shows symptoms of illness
- Following trauma, such as an accident or injury
- If your pet shows sudden changes in weight or behavior
- Pets who are in their senior years
Veterinary Services in Canton, IL
Soft Tissue Surgery
Cold Laser Therapy
Puppy & Kitten Care
Euthanasia & Cremation